Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Anton's LLLI Conference Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Cat's Out.

I let the cat out of the bag at work today by resigning my position of 4 years. Deb and I will be moving to San Antonio next month for a new, exciting, opportunity. For the next three weeks I'll be trying to transition my duties at work to others, helping Deb pack, find a new house, and attend the conference in July.

If anyone has suggestion on where to look for housing in San Antonio, TX, please let me know. I'll be working near I-10 on the north side of town. I'd prefer a reasonable neighborhood with low crime and a slightly liberal slant.

Wish me luck, this will be a most interesting month.

3 Comments:

  • The conference is only a couple days away! We are very excited to read all about your conference experience! Remember, as a conference blogger, you will have priority access to use the computers in the Tech Room any time you want to post. I've sent you an email with details -- if you haven't received it, please contact me. See you in DC!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 9:47 AM  

  • I am a former LLLeader who lives on the north side of San Antonio. Your choices of neighborhoods will be influenced by your schooling preferences. We live just outside the city limits in a community called Leon Springs. My husband works in the medical center. My kids go to public school (this year, anyway.) Welcome to the neighborhood!

    By Blogger KathyS, at 8:30 AM  

  • Kathys,

    We homeschool, so the school district isn't a concern. I think we've found at least two possibilities. Every part of this move has come together in an amazing way so I'm faithful that we will find the right place when the time comes.

    Thanks for the welcome! We should be in the area by July 20th as I start work on the 25th.

    By Blogger Anton Olsen, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home